From start to finish, modern consumerism is no longer just about the product, but about the complete journey of the consumer.
With a digital overload of online shopping options, targeted marketing, and influencer culture, some businesses tend to take the “experience” idea a bit too far. They ignore other important factors that build customer loyalty and increase revenue. It’s not just about catchy slogans, flashy websites, engaging CTAs, or clever email campaigns with recognizable faces. The customer service portion is a major part of the customer’s experience as well.
In fact, 96 % of global consumers say that customer service plays a significant role in the brands they chose, and this customer service directly impacts their loyalty to that brand. With a streamlined system, unified desktop, and efficient case management program, any business can focus its efforts on customer service to ensure their customers are satisfied from start to finish.
Why Should Customer Service Transform?
Customer service is a powerful tool at any business’s disposal. It’s one of the single biggest factors influencing customer retention rates. A mere 5% increase in retention rates can yield over 25% greater profits for a business!
Some common barriers to positive customer experience include:
- Multichannel communication routes: Most businesses have an email account, multiple social media accounts, and an online messaging system. Having so many methods of communication can lead to disfluency in messaging and handling problems.
- Customer transfers to multiple representatives: Too many businesses require a customer to re-explain their concern over and over as they are transferred to departments or individuals. Not only does this lead to a greater chance of communication breakdowns, but it also increases the annoyance and frustration of the customer. A 2013 study revealed that 72% of customers blamed a poor customer service experience simply by having to explain the problem multiple times to multiple people.
- Lack of personalization: Customers might experience a lack of personalization in their journey for solutions or assistance. This can be the result of an automated (non-human) system, or it can be due to a lack of knowledgeable and informed employees.
- Generalized or ineffective solutions: Too many businesses try to give the appearance of a streamlined process by providing the same solutions to a multitude of inquiries or problems. Such solutions can easily leave customers feeling frustrated and dissatisfied with the experience.
- Inconsistency: At the same time that generalized solutions can decrease customer satisfaction, inconsistency in the customer journey or responses can also lead to failure to retain buyers.
Why Use Employee-Focused Case Management?
One key factor to eliminate several customer service barriers comes solely from the employee and what tools are at their disposal. Verint’s Case Management and Unified Desktop system works with company employees to directly improve customer service.
A knowledgeable and empowered employee increases customer satisfaction
By providing employees with clear direction and guidance through a single user-interface, all necessary tools are at their disposal. The case management system allows customer service agents to find necessary information, have access to crucial data to provide solutions and find confidence in their ability to serve the customer.
Consistency and collaboration among service providers improve efficiency
Verint Case Management allows an agent to access crucial information on time to help provide solutions to customers. It also provides a clear route of collaborative communication among agents to work towards finding those solutions.
Streamlined customer information or case inquiries improve agent effectiveness
In addition to helping agents find the right solutions for customers, the case management system also provides a streamlined process for agents to access the status or history of a customer inquiry. When agents can find information specifically for a customer, they can provide more personalized service for that individual.
How Case Management Refocuses the Customer’s Experience
The benefits of using case management to transform customer service focuses on bringing the following solutions directly to the customer:
- A single channel of communication: Rather than having a customer fiddle around with a website trying to find which communication route to use, Verint allows for multichannel communication to lead to a single point of contact. Regardless of how a customer might access customer service, streamlined communication routes mean their inquiry will be easily found and responded to.
- Personalized and consistent service: Working with a single agent without needing to reiterate the issue is not only possible but easy when a company has an efficient system. Customer data can be quickly accessed to provide personalized support.
- Speedy service: When the agent can access the necessary information quickly, the customers’ wait time for a solution is significantly decreased. Quick and efficient service powerfully impacts a customer’s loyalty to a brand.
Recent customer service statistics show that Americans will pay 17% more to do business with firms with great customer service reputations. This directly reveals that the role of the customer and their experience must remain a priority.
Use Verint Case Management to Provide the Ultimate Solution in Customer Service
Employees should feel confident in their ability to provide efficient, effective, and accurate solutions to inquiring customers. Providing them with the tools they need to provide this service in one unified desktop platform ensures they’re able to do their job. Equally important, it allows customers to feel heard by a brand, which focuses on boosting customer retention rates.
With the right solution platform to streamline information and data, support employees in their quest for solutions, and offer ease of access for customers, any business can improve the customer service they provide.
Reach out to SPAR Solutions today for more information on how to make Verint Unified Desktop and Case Management work for your business, your employees, and your customers.